Free instruNet World
strip chart recorder software supports Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 (32-bit or 64-bit).
Compatible with LabVIEW, DASYLab, C and Visual BASIC Software.
Digitize any combination of channels at 166,000 samples per second aggregate.
Reduce noise by placing i4xx cards near sensors and up to 100 meters from noisy computer.
i51x wiring boxes easily attach to
i4xx series cards.
List of Steps To Connect Sensor To Windows Computer
To connect the Model #PX4x9xxxx5V pressure sensor with 5V output to instruNet, please do the following steps:
Install instruNet hardware and software, as described
Wire your 0 to 5Volt output sensor to instruNet:
* instruNet_Vin+ to Sensor_Vout
* instruNet_Vin- to Sensor_GND
* add jumper wire from instruNet_Vin- to instruNet_GND
* instruNet_+12Vpwr to Sensor_PowerInput (requires 10..30V)
Set up your software:
* run instruNet World software
* click on your channel in the instruNet NETWORK page
* select HARDWARE in the Settings menu
* select VOLTAGE the SENSOR menu
* select "Vin+ - Vin-" (differential) in the WIRING menu
* select "0 to 5V" in the RANGE menu (or ±5V)
* if you are digitizing slowly (e.g. slower than 10 samples-per-second-per-channel),
set INTEGRATION to "0.016666" seconds. This will average each point over
one 110/220Vac power line cycle and reduce noise.
View measured VOLTAGE in lower right corner of setup dialog, or Network page.
Apply stimulous to sensor. Does voltage look correct? If not, debug with handheld
Tell software to map volts units to sensor units by setting the following parameters.
For more information on Mapping, click
* general, Units Label: text label (e.g. "bar" or "psi")
(i.e. low calibration point Voltage)
(i.e. low calibration point Pressure)
(i.e. high calibration point Voltage)
high calibration point pressure,
units are the same as that specified in Units Label field
View measured value in the lower right corner of setup dialog, or Network page.
Apply stimulous to sensor. Does value look correct?
If not, click